PST Walker is intended for repair data from Microsoft Outlook .pst
files and Microsoft Exchange .ost files. The program can be also
used for viewing and converting information from Outlook .pst
files and Microsoft Exchange .ost files. View, search and print
email messages without Outlook.
PST Conversion, PST Extract and PST Recovery
Want to transfer your emails from Outlook to Thunderbird/Mozilla/SeaMonkey or Gmail? Don't bother with the snake dance of data conversion; just save the .pst file and use PST Walker to read it. ALL of your Outlook data, such as contacts, email and calendar information can be read.
Are you using Exchange Server and want a copy of your email that's portable and accessible? Just create and copy an .ost file and all your information is there.
Worried about losing important information if your hard disc drive fails? Just save your .pst file to a remote location. PST Walker allow you to everything on the file.
Microsoft Outlook PST reader and Microsoft Exchange OST reader. Microsoft Outlook PST
viewer and Microsoft Exchange OST viewer.
PST Walker is a good solution, when you need to view your mailbox. You may need it in a business trip, when connection with mail server is lost and there's no way to read it. It is very important, when you use Microsoft Exchange Server and Microsoft Outlook mail client. You may be simply out of office, where Internet connection is absent. All of your contacts, mails, messages, tasks and calendars are stored on mail server and there's no way to extract it offline. You may need to send an urgent email or phone call, but contacts are stored on server.
However, solution exists. PST Walker will help you to restore your data from files with .pst and .ost extension. This tool will work with all supported versions of Microsoft Outlook. PST Walker is so easy, that all functions can be accessed even by beginners.
To repair a 2GB Personal Folders or Offline Folders file
Microsoft Outlook limits the size of Personal Folders .pst files and offline folders .ost files to 2GB. If a new or changed item increases the size over than limit, you will not be able to use the .pst or .ost file. Even if you delete items from the server mailbox, the .ost file will not synchronize.
Outlook has no built-in way to reduce a .pst or .ost file that has gone over the limit. However, Microsoft provides a tool, PST2GB, to restore the file to operability. Note, however, that the utility uses a fairly radical approach to "repairing" such a file: it forcibly truncates the file at the 2 GB boundary (actually, slightly below it) and makes it readable again. Unfortunately, this means that everything after the truncation will be lost. If you can suffer the loss of the data at the end of the file (which tends to be spurious), you can use this to restore the file to working order and extract the messages within.
Instead of this utility PST Walker provides a safe approach to repair you lost data. Repairing data with PST Walker and MSG 2 PST comes down to:
- reading the corrupted .pst or .ost file
- identifying and converting data from this .pst or .ost file to Outlook Message Format (*.msg files)
- saving the recovered data to one or several new .pst files with MSG 2 PST utility
Recovering Microsoft Exchange Offline Storage Files (.ost files)
Offline Storage Files (.ost files) are files where Microsoft Exchange stores data offline. OST files stored on your workstation, holding emails, contacts, tasks and other items from the original mail account.
Usually, these files cannot be opened with any other tool. PST Walker will help you to restore your data from files with ost extension. PST Walker can open these files without a corresponding Microsoft Exchange mailbox or profile on the server (orphaned files). The PST Walker can converts these files to more common Outlook Message Format (*.msg files) that can be opened offline with Microsoft Outlook or other compatible mail client.
PST Walker Key Features
- Outlook 97-2013 format, all type encryption
- Can open password-protected file without a password
- Continue processing if file is corrupted, including files that has gone over 2Gb limit
- Find items that were permanently deleted instead of moving to the Deleted Items folder in Outlook ("hard deleted" items)
- Find items that are no longer associated with any folder in Outlook ("orphaned" items)
- Export files to MSG document format
- Search emails
- Access to SMTP message header information
- Quick and intuitive access to attachments within *.pst, *.ost files. Attachments can be saved directly from the application
- Extended attribute view for access to underling file attributes not exposed by Outlook
- Extended date and time access to underling timestamps not exposed by Outlook
- Command line options
* Access to *.ost files and command line options available in Business license only.